Warriors of words who slay headlines and pillage prose, we need you. Obviously. Our medieval master of messaging has fallen ill at a recent ren’ fest and the alchemy isn’t helping. Now, we need a word wizard to fix our ailing articles.
Are you an expert wordsmith who can sling adverbs and parlay prepositions to create masterful marketing copy that’s sure to drive conversion while delighting readers? We’d love to chat with you.
Come join us at FUNYL Commerce and create a wide range of written content for our clients and manage more broadly the content creation process. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse set of businesses to create a variety of content, including articles, blog posts, white papers, digital ads, email, and ecommerce and website copy.
We are not your typical agency. We work with large ecommerce companies, and their daily results depend on our ability to “ship” efficiently and consistently. We are a business run by business owners for business owners, and our standards are high. We need a marketing writer to join our team to help our clients take their ecommerce companies to the next level with the support of expertly crafted content.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possesses a high level of creativity, along with the ability to use data-driven insights to identify and tailor their copy to specific audiences
- Has a strong understanding of SEO best practices and experience conducting keyword research to drive and inform their writing
- Is capable of working and motivating themselves independently, but also has the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Knows how to use Google Analytics to monitor web traffic and engagement (such as conversions and bounce rates) to inform content strategy
- Is highly detail-oriented and has excellent time management skills
- Meets deadlines without sacrificing the quality of their work
- Has a firm stance on the Oxford comma
- Collaborate with Director of Digital Marketing to create content for our clients using SEO best practices to support business objectives.- Identify content gaps and recommend new topics
- Work with digital advertising team to write copy for PPC ads, paid social media ads, and other forms of paid advertising.
- Craft emails designed to drive ecommerce conversion
- Proofread and edit content prior to publication
- Coordinate design resources to illustrate content pieces
- Follow industry news and generate ideas around trending topics
- Create style guides to use as reference
- Analyze content marketing and SEO metrics and adjust strategies as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing, and web analytics
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Experience using content management systems; Magento and WordPress preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Working with awesome people